The following restrictions are to ensure your skin is in the best possible condition for an amazing procedure. Please read carefully:
- Please do not work out the day of the procedure as the body heat will expands the pores.
- Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn 3 days before procedure. Skin should not be in process of healing before procedure!
- Do NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of procedure.
- Do NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, omega-3, unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure. (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay!)
Precautions & Restrictions, Continued:
- Permanent make up procedure normally require multiple treatment sessions. For best results, clients will be required to return for at least one re-touch appointment. This will take place between 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure.
- Please be prepared that color intensity will be significantly darker and sharper immediately after the procedure. This will reduce by 30%-50%.
- Although numbing cream is used during the procedure, slight sensitivity/ discomfort can be still felt by sensitive clients.
- Delicate or sensitive skin may be red and/ or swollen after the procedure.
- Please wear your normal make-up to the salon on the day of your procedure.
- Please do not drink alcohol the night before treatment.
- Where possible, try to avoid the following herbs and spices running up to your appointment: Black pepper, Cardamom, (Ginger), Cayenne, Cinnamon, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Mustard
- Electrolysis treatment should be undergone no less that 5 days before the treatment.
- AHA preparations should be undergone no less than 2 weeks before the treatment.
- Chemical, laser peel retain A should not be performed 6 weeks before the procedure.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RESTRICTIONS PLEASE LET US KNOW!
Topical anesthetic advice
Allergic reaction: May occur from any anesthetics using during procedure. If you do suffer from an allergic reaction, you should contact your doctor immediately. Allergic reaction response may show through redness, swelling, rash, blistering, dryness or any other symptoms associated with an allergic reaction.
Numbness: We cannot accept responsibility if the area to be treated does not respond to the numbing cream. Each individual is different according to skin type. Some clients report the area to be completely numb, while others may experience some discomfort.
Procedure: during the procedure a numbing cream/gel is used. The products are formulated to be perfectly safe and can be purchased over the counter from any pharmacy/ chemist. The anesthetic is placed over the treatment area for 20-30 minutes then carefully removed prior to treatment. As a result of the treatment, combined with the use of the anesthetic you can expect to experience some redness/swelling that can last 1 - 4 days. You should always follow your post procedure advice/after care for the best results.
COSMETIC TATTOO IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CLIENTS WHO ARE OR HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- pregnant or nursing
- undergoing chemotherapy (must consult your Doctor)
- Viral infections or diseases
- A pacemaker or major heart problems
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area
- rashes, sunburn, acne near the treated area
- if you are sick with cold, flu etc.
- Used Accutane in the past year
Microblading/Shading Aftercare Instructions
First 24 Hours:
First thing after your microblading procedure, your brows may feel tender or raw - this is normal.
For the first 24 hours, please use bottled water to gently rinse your brow area and pat dry (do not rub) with sterile gauze. Do not apply any type of soap or cleanser. Do not rinse brows once 24 hours has past in order to let your brows dry out and begin healing.
Seven Days Post-Procedure:
It is very important that you do not let any water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch your eyebrow area from this point on, for seven days.
Here at Unique Aesthetics, we encourage our clients to have a dry healing.
If you feel any uncomfortable dryness, tightness, or itching after five to seven days, you may gently apply the post-care ointment (A&D ointment, Aquaphor) with clean hands.
This can be done at night time or before a shower, but be sure to use the ointment sparingly as your skin needs to heal itself.
Please continue to apply the ointment only as needed until you no longer are scabbing.
Please wash your face carefully around the eyebrow, avoid getting water on the treated area.
During the shower, keep your face away from the shower head or take a bath.
Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post- procedure however, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
*If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact us to discuss further instructions.
The following must be avoided post- procedure while still scabbing:
- Increased sweating
- Practicing sports
- Sauna, hot baths, or jacuzzis
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the face or neck
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro-pigmented area - this will help you to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles.
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care ointment with a cotton swab.
CONTACT A PHYSICIAN IF ANY SIGNS OR SYMPTOMS DEVELOP SUCH AS THE FOLLOWING:
FEVER, REDNESS AT THE SITE, SWELLING, TENDERNESS OF THE PROCEDURE SITE, ELEVATED BODY TEMPERATURE, RED STREAKS GOING FROM THE PROCEDURE SITE TOWARDS THE HEART, AND/OR ANY GREEN/YELLOW DISCHARGE THAT IS FOUL IN ODOR.
What to Expect During and After Your Session
Entire healing process, will take 4-6 weeks depending on your bodies regeneration and age. Your new micro-pigmented eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. The pigment will appear very natural looking immediately after the procedure; the color of the pigment will appear much darker the next day.
Note that because of natural skin regeneration, after recovery period (peeling and/or scabbing), brows may appear lighter than originally.
This might give you the impression that color is fading too quickly. Often even with proper care, clients will develop bald spots or lose original hair stroke which make brows look uneven. This is absolutely normal. That is the reason why most clients need a touch-up after 6 weeks.
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
The final look of your eyebrows will be apparent approximately 30 days after your procedure.
Never rub the treated area as it will disturb the skin from natural healing. Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun, as sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
When using foundation, be aware when applying to avoid your healed eyebrows. If foundation covers healed brows, your eyebrows will appear lighter and the color will not be true through the foundation.