- Waxing is the most effective method for temporary hair removal.
- It removes the hair from the root which results in hair free for weeks.
- It leaves the skin feeling soft even if you touch it against the hair growth side.
- It is more long lasting than shaving.
- It will eventually reduce hair growth.
Before your waxing appointment:
- Don't drink caffeine of alcohol. Stimulants in the system can cause skin to be extra sensitive to waxing. give yourself a couple hours after drinking coffee or alcohol before getting waxed.
- Take a couple Aspirin 45 minutes before the appointment. Painkillers like aspirin and Ibuprofen help reduce the feeling of pain and also have anti-inflammatory components too.
- Don't schedule your wax right before you period. you skin is more sensitive during this time of your cycle, so try to get wax done at least a week before you're supposed to start menstruating or for the best after your period is over.
- The ideal length for hair is about 1/4 inch or 6mm. we gladly trim you up before the wax and if you shaved make sure you come at least two weeks after using the razor! otherwise the hair will be too short to get waxed.
After your waxing appointment:
- Avoid working out or wearing tight clothing right away for 48 hours. Your skin is extra sensitive to sweat and bacteria and you can create a bunch of pimples on your private areas. also wearing tight clothing like leggings or jegging can increase the chance of ingrown hairs because they can reroute hair back down and under the skin instead of growing out.
- Stay away from exposure to heat including saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools, sun bathing and intense heated exercise for about 24 hours after your wax as you will be more prone to burning.
- Exfoliate!! is a great way to keep the skin smooth, soft and free of bumps and ingrown hairs. exfoliation gets rid of the dead skin.